Epoxy Sealer Fast-Drying Resin Kit – CHILL SEALER™
Epoxy sealer is a fast-drying seal coat epoxy system with 100% reactive materials with a very low viscosity. Thus, it is ideal for sealing live edges of any wood essence to be used on river tables or any wood assemblies.
Epoxy Sealer Quick-Dry CHILL SEALER™ is a fast-drying seal coat epoxy system with 100% reactive materials with a very low viscosity. Thus, it is ideal for sealing live edges of any wood essence to be used on river tables or any wood assemblies. It is very low viscosity will allow it to deeply penetrate the wood fibers and avoid air bubbles forming upon the exothermic reaction of the CHILL CLEAR™ CHILL ICE 1™, CHILL ICE 2™, and CHILL DEEP POUR™.
One of the main features of the Epoxy Sealer Quick-Dry CHILL SEALER™ is its fast-drying time of less than 4-6 hours at 22°C. The recoat time is less than 3 hours at 22°C. Indeed it can change depending on the coating thickness and ambient temperature.
We recommend applying from 2-3 coats with a brush or a roller. The number of coats will depend on the wood density. The main objective is to get a plastic finish on the surface of the live edge. Make sure to apply an equal layer on the live edge slabs to airtight the wood.
- Ideal for to seal live edge or any wood surfaces to stabilize it
- 100% solid, without VOC
- Food Safe
- Quick Pot life and Fast Curing time
- Very low viscosity
- Heat and Impact Resistance
- Very durable
- Water like viscosity to avoid bubbles
- It can be colored with one of our CHILL DROPS™ or metallic pigments.
- Extreme mechanical strength and stress resistance
- Easy Mixing Ratio: 2:1 by volume or 100/45 by weight
- Ideal Working Temperature: 22C /72F
- Pot Time: 20 minutes at 22C/72F depending on volumes and room temperature
- Cure Time: 4-6 hours depending on volume, room temperature, humidity level, and thickness of the casting
- Recommended Thickness per Layer: 1/8 -1/4
- Maximum Thickness in a single pour: 1/4 max
- Cure Appearance: Optical Clarity
- Viscosity: 275CPS Mixed – Very low Viscosity for a better penetration
- Recommended cleaning products: POLY CLEANER™ Resin Cleaner or Isopropyl Alcohol
Warning: Short pot life, DO NOT mix more than 300ML at a time or risk overheating if left in mass too long.
Application:Before using Epoxy Sealer Quick-Dry CHILL SEALER™ be sure to mix each Part A and B. Mix exactly 2 parts of A with 1 part of B by volume (or 100 A / 45 B by weight) and ensure to mix evenly, making sure to scrape the edges and the bottom of your container. Since the pot life of the system is 20 minutes @ 22 ° C for a mass of 200 grams, be sure not to mix more material that you can apply within the lifetime pot.
We recommend mixing a maximum of 300ML a time. After mixing, spread the resin of the live edge and brush immediately until complete application. It is important to note that the pot lifetime will be shortened in a warmer environment and lengthened in a cooler environment.
The handling time will reflect the temperature level. Also, the greater the amount of resins to mix, the shorter the pot lifetime will be. You can easily clean uncured material using the POLY CLEANER ™.