O3a Cyanoacrylate Adhesive, Thin, 20g
O3a Thin Cyanoacrylate Adhesive is an ethyl cyanoacrylate that classified as an excellent "wicking formulation" adhesive. Wicking is the process by which the adhesive, via capillary action is draws effectively into the substrate components that are to be bonded together.
Due to its extreme thinness, O3a Thin Cyanoacrylate Adhesive is widely used to fill, bond, strengthen and stabilse hairline cracks and fine fractures in the workpiece, primarily due to its exceptionally low viscosity, intense bonding ability and highly effective capillary action.
O3a Thin Cyanoacrylate Adhesive is extremely popular across a broad application spectrum in woodworking, pen turning, knife making, woodturning, marquetry, parquetry, jewelry making, antique conservation as well as archeology in fossil and artifact preservation and protection.
It is ideally suited to strengthening and stabilising any porous and/or fragile material such as very soft woods, "punky" woods, spalted woods, most ceramic products, metal powder and stone powder inlays, unpolished porous or semi-porous rocks and minerals, as well as bone and ivory.
O3a Thin Cyanoacrylate Adhesive also works exceptionally well for quick and firm positioning of jig or form componentry, for temporary and permanent jigs, fences, stops, and templates.
As a finish in turned work, O3a Thin Cyanoacrylate Adhesive excels beyond expectations! Simply apply a few coats in reasonably quick succession, sand with high grit paper and the adhesive coat can be polished to a remarkably hard wearing and high gloss finish!
We strongly suggest using O3a Aerosol Accelerator where saturation of a very porous workpiece is to be avoided. With the O3a Aerosol Accelerator, instant curing will prevent the adhesive from being excessively absorbed into the workpiece and will also result in less adhesive being required.
- Filling: Cracks, voids, inclusions and knots in wood.
- Repairing: Cracks, voids, inclusions and knots in wood.
- Woodturning: Void and crack filling and stabilisation. High gloss finish for a durable, clear and waterproof coat.
- Knifemaking: Crack and void filling and stabilisation. High gloss finish for a durable, clear and waterproof coat.
- Lutherie: Stabilisation & highly effective wicking of guitar fretboard cuts. Installation of purfling & multiple medium bindings, inlays and rosettes.
- Archeology: Infiltrative preparation of fossils pre-extraction. Fine stone work, granite, marble, quartz and semi-precious stone conservation & repair.
- Jewellery & related fields: Powdered stones and metal inlay, jewellery manufacture & repair.
- Museums and Conservators: Furniture conservation and repair. Ceramic conservation and repair.
- Taxidermy: Construction, conservation and repair.
- Carbon Fibre
- Fibre Glass
- Semi-porous / porous rock and stones
- Most plastics and PVC's
- Premium Industrial Grade Cyanoacrylate Adhesive
- Laboratory Formulated and Tested
- Deep infiltrating super-thin Cyanoacrylate Adhesive
- Highly efficient capillary action wicking for micro apertures and fractures in a variety of substrates
- As a wicking formulation adhesive, O3a Thin Cyanoacrylate Adhesive excels in a multitude of applications, both in hobby and professional market.
- Viscosity: 12-22 mPa-s
We strongly recommend that the storage temperature of O3a Thin Cyanoacrylate Adhesive ranges between 2 and 10º C. The maximum storage temperature is 25ºC, but this higher storage temperatures will shorten the shelf life of the product.
Stored under recommended conditions, the shelf life of O3a Thin Cyanoacrylate Adhesive is a maximum of 12 months from shipping date.
Please Note: As High Density Polyethylene containers are not entirely impervious and do not offer a complete barrier. We recommend that you store your O3a Cyanoacrylate Adhesives separately from other chemicals and humidity sources. Also strong light, either artificial or natural can discolour any Cyanoacrylate Adhesive.